Recently, I attended The Spondylitis Association of America’s seminar in Atlanta, GA. I was amazed at the amount of information I absorbed that day. I know for me one of the best parts were meeting other people that have Ankylosing Spondylitis. I felt so comfortable and welcomed in a group of my peers. Patients and their support people were welcoming me with open arms and minds. Not once did I feel like I was out of place or looked down on for fidgeting during the guest speakers portions due to aches and pains. I was truly “at home” there. Thank you SAA.
When I began my website I quickly learned how much it was helping me therapeutically and then soon after realized it was effecting others who could relate to how I was feeling. I decided I would share some of my favorite websites and pages that have not only been informative, but ones that inspire me to keep moving forward. They remind me I’m never alone in my AS experience. Through my website and the many other sites, articles and pages out there it proves that together we can spread awareness and make a difference in our journey ahead.
My List of Shout-Outs
- http://www.spondylitis.org/ – The Spondylitis Association of America focuses on research, supportive programs and is an advocate for all people with AS. This was the first recommended website for me to check out after my diagnosis and it continues to help me daily.
- http://answers.ankylosing.org/ – Ankylosing.org is a website we can go and ask our AS questions. It is a support group that confirms to me I’m never alone in my pain through a community of my peers.
- www.Spondyville.com – Spondyville is a sea of smiles. We all have our bad days and the website seems to help spread a little sunshine.
- ASAP: Ankylosing Spondylitis Awareness Project Facebook page – ASAP is an inspiring page that is helping to spread awareness. I love their focus and mission for AS.
- http://thefeedingedge.com – The feeding Edge is going a very creative route that I love. An Art Apple a day is an inspiring way to help spread awareness about Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- http://www.asmom-meloni.blogspot.com – AS Mom is a blog of a woman with AS. Her courage and strength is amazing.
Share With Me
What are some of your favorite websites, pages or articles pertaining to Ankylosing Spondylitis?